Patterns for a Simple Command Structure
- Use Menu Button command pattern when there are few globally applicable commands. The menu button can overlay content.
- Use Context Menu or Context Panel command patterns for commands specific to selected or currently visible content.
- The menu button pattern can be combined with either of the context menu or context panel patterns.
- Commands can also be exposed by direct manipulation of content (click, drag, buttons, search field, pan, zoom, etc).
- For plasmoids, all commands must be exposed by direct manipulation of content - no menu button, context menu, or context panel.
Contacts, Chat client, Video conference, Calculator, Terminal, Plasmoids (panel applets and desktop widgets), Maps, Games, Image browser, Document viewer, Music player, Video player, Software installer, System Settings